Houston Corona Virus Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
Free Case evaluations
"Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied"
- William E. Gladstone
Nursing home neglect is one form of elderly abuse committed against adults of older age in nursing homes. While nursing home neglect in Houston is not very common, the chances of your loved one falling victim to malpractice under the direct supervision and care of the nursing home staff is still possible.
As the number of people sick with the corona virus increases in Harris County, health care officials are more concerned than ever about the elderly that are most vulnerable to the virus.
(Information pulled from the CDC) – A new respiratory disease – coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) – is spreading globally and there have been instances of COVID-19 community spread in the United States. The general strategies CDC recommends to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in LTCF are the same strategies these facilities use every day to detect and prevent the spread of other respiratory viruses like influenza.
Symptoms of respiratory infection, including COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
Here’s What You Need To Know About The Corona Virus Outbreak In Houston – Harris County Texas
In order to reduce the risk of the virus from spreading, it is important to separate those who are sick from those who are not. The CDC has recommended the following key points for anyone who may be sick or recently exposed to the coronavirus:
- Make sure you call your local doctor before stepping foot into their office. If you have the slightest feeling that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, your doctor/doctor’s office will instruct you on how to avoid spreading the virus and how not to infect others.
- Wearing a facemask if you have been exposed to the virus will prevent any spreadage of the virus.
- Washing your hands before eating, after using the restroom, after touching money and after coming into contact with others. Purchasing hand sanitizer and using it on a frequent basis is highly recommended.
- Make sure to cover your mouth while coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid sharing any household items with your friends and family members. Household items include cups, kitchen utensils, clothing, pillows, blankets, sheets, towels, etc.
- Clean all surfaces in your home that come into frequent contact with visitors and those you live with.
If you have symptoms that are consistent with the coronavirus, it is highly advised that you monitor your health very closely. If you have relatives or loved ones living in nursing homes, we do not recommend that you visit them. Contact your doctor or local hospital if your symptoms get worse or if new symptoms surface. Our law firm has the best nursing home neglect attorneys in Houston and nursing home neglect lawyers in Harris County Texas.
Experienced Houston Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyers
Cammack Law Firm has the experience and dedication your case needs in order to seek justice for the neglect of your loved one. For years our firm has been providing top quality representation for Houston locals and Harris County locals.
We take pride in the levels of care we put towards each of our clients. You’re more than just a number to us. Our firm treats our clients as if you were one of our own family members in need of the best personal injury representation and we truly mean it! Our lawyers have years of experience in elder and nursing home abuse. Does your case need to go to trial? Our attorneys have significant trial experience and have no problem taking the opposing counsel to trial.
We truly care and take pride in giving you the best possible outcome.
Ranked, relentless and results driven. We receive no recovery if your case does not settle. Cammack Law Firm’s promise to our clients is to make sure you receive the highest settlement possible. We understand that the challenges you or your loved one face can never be undone. Let our elderly home abuse lawyers fight by your side against the major insurance companies. Our consultations are always free of charge and you pay zero out of pocket fees.
Houston Coronavirus Elderly Home Safety Checklist:
- Rapid identification and management of ill residents
- Considerations for visitors and consultant staff
- Supplies and resources
- Sick leave policies and other occupational health considerations
- Education and training
- Surge capacity for staffing, equipment and supplies, and postmortem care
- The checklist identiﬁes key areas that long-term care facilities should consider in their COVID-19 planning.
- Long-term care facilities can use this tool to self-assess the strengths and weaknesses of current preparedness efforts.
- This checklist does not describe mandatory requirements or standards; rather, it highlights important areas to review to prepare for the possibility of residents with COVID-19.
Our Legal Practice Areas
Dedicated Attorneys At Your Service
Are you currently facing Felony or Misdemeanor criminal charges in Harris County? Whether you have been arrested for DUI, assault, drugs, burglary or another offense, the criminal defense attorneys at Cammack Law Firm can help you today. Founder and managing attorney Brandon R. Cammack is a highly experienced and aggressive criminal lawyer that understands exactly what it takes from your defense, in order to receive a successful verdict. Whether you want to completely prove your innocence by dismissal of your case, reduce the charges you are being accused of or receive a not guilty verdict.
When law enforcement or prosecutors formulate the charges that you are being faced with, it is very common that a simple charge such as a DUI can quickly turn into a DUI with bodily injuries and evading a police officer. While the later carries much more sentencing and weight in a court room, it is suggested by most that you retain a criminal defense attorney that can lessen the charges you are facing in court. This is where being aggressive in your defense, knowing how to negotiate with the DA and having a strong and established reputation in Houston come into play. Hire Cammack Law Firm today to have a lawyer that you can confidently rely on by your side.