Request Free Case Evaluation
Domestic Violence Attorney
Here Are 3 Ways A Domestic Violence Firm Can Help You With Your Case
Victims in Houston can feel stuck in the situation that they are in due to several different factors related to their everyday lives. Houston victims may not want to report his or her situation to law enforcement due to the sheer fear of disrupting the quality of life at home between their spouse and children. Many victims also fear being injured and suffering from abuse if they try to leave. The information listed on this website is not legal advice. If you or someone you know in Houston has recently been arrested and is facing charges in a Houston court, call Cammack Law Firm today. Houston domestic violence lawyer Brandon Cammack can help you fight to secure your freedom today.
Here’s what an attorney in Houston can do for you:
- Restraining Order – If you’re a victim and would like a restraining order placed against your abuser, you can contact Cammack Law Firm Houston lawyer for further assistance, (this is also known as a protective order in some states) which prohibits any person from making contact with you within a certain radius. One example of a restraining order would be an order given by the judge to not allow your abuser from being 10 miles away from you, forcing your abuser to move away from your town.
- File a lawsuit – Most relationship abuse cases result in a civil lawsuit that will allow the abused victim financial compensation for past medical bills, financial losses, and or pain and suffering.
- File for a divorce – Our Houston based firm does not practice in this area of law but you can speak to a lawyer to assist you with the divorce process. This includes your American right to receiving spousal support.
We understand that dealing with domestic violence in Houston can be emotionally draining and extremely challenging, that’s why we’re here to help. If you have been accused of this charges and are currently fighting in court for your freedom, give us a call today to schedule a free case evaluation. Our office is located in the heart and center of downtown Houston.
More Domestic Violence Attorney Information
Texas Definition Of Domestic Violence
Texas does not have a specific statute for domestic violence. Instead, these charges most often involve assault offenses listed under Chapter 22 of the Texas Penal Code. Additionally, the Texas Family Code assigns two different definitions to types of violence in domestic settings.
Texas Family Code § 71.0021 defines dating violence as an act—other than a defensive measure to protect oneself—by an alleged offender that is committed against an alleged victim:
- with whom the alleged offender has or has had a dating relationship; or
- because of the alleged victim’s marriage to or dating relationship with an individual with whom the alleged offender is or has been in a dating relationship or marriage.
The alleged act must also be intended to result in physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or sexual assault or that is a threat that reasonably places the victim in fear of imminent physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or sexual assault. A dating relationship is defined as a relationship between individuals who have or have had a continuing relationship of a romantic or intimate nature, and the existence of such a relationship is based on consideration of:
- the length of the relationship;
- the nature of the relationship; and
- the frequency and type of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
Additionally, Texas Family Code § 71.004 defines family violence as meaning any of the following:
- an act by a member of a family or household against another member of the family or household that is intended to result in physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or sexual assault or that is a threat that reasonably places the member in fear of imminent physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or sexual assault, but does not include defensive measures to protect oneself;
- abuse by a member of a family or household toward a child of the family or household; or
- dating violence.
A household means a unit composed of persons living together in the same dwelling, regardless of their relation, and any person who previously lived in a household can be considered a member of a household. Common members of a family or household include:
- Current or former spouses
- Children of a current or former spouse
- Domestic partners
- Individuals in a dating relationship
- Grandparents and grandchildren
- Foster children or foster parents
Get A Free Consultation Today
General Information Regarding Domestic Violence
Since the birth of the #MeToo era, our country has seen record highs of reports female victims seeking justice for the sexual abuse by males. While this is positive progress as a country, there are still others facing domestic abuse both at home and within the work place. Many will be surprised to learn that hundreds of thousands of men suffer from domestic abuse each month in the United States. Just like their counter-parts, male victims fear that if they report the abuse with local law enforcement officials, it could place their home, family and relationship at risk. Continue reading to learn more about the different types of actions that qualify as domestic violence.
Relationship violence also known as relationship abuse or domestic abuse, is a pattern of behaviors by one person against another to maintain power within a relationship. Anyone can go through violence or abuse in the United States, it doesn’t matter how old you are, what your ethnicity is, your sexual orientation or race. Call in to speak to a domestic violence attorney today. If you have been abused, or if you are the abuser, or committed an act of violence in your relationship, if you prevent your partner from doing what they wish or if you force your partner to behave a certain way that they do not want, you are by definition in a domestic violence relationship. Here at Cammack Law Firm we are here to ensure that your freedom is secured by defending you and your case. We understand that accidents and misunderstandings happen, especially mistakes. If you have never been arrested and have no history of domestic abuse with a partner, we may be able to assist you. Give us a call or visit our office today to request for a case evaluation where Brandon Cammack will go over the specifics of your case. Hire a lawyer that you can trust and a lawyer that has the track record to prove their results.
Relationship violence also is a representation of behaviors that cause physical harm, create fear between two individuals, sexual violence and emotional abuse. You do not have to physically harm someone in order to be the domestic abuser in the relationship. If you keep reading, you’ll learn more about the warning signs that you should look out for while in your relationship.
My significant other was recently arrested and sent to the local police department. Is there any was I can use a Harris County Inmate Search service to find out where they are being held at? If you or someone you know has recently been arrested over a domestic dispute, you can contact Cammack Law Firm to find out their booking charges, which court they will have to appear in, what their bail bonds amount is and then we can educate you on the process of hiring an attorney to represent their case.
Look Out For These Domestic Violence Warning Signs. Our Houston Harris county Firm Can Help With Your Case.
When you first meet someone in Houston and start to date them, it can be extremely difficult to identify certain traits of domestic abuse. At first they’ll hide their abusive tendencies in order to attain your trust with them. Most partners portray themselves as perfect during the early stages of a relationship. Hire an attorney that will go the extra mile for you. Brandon Cammack is a devoted attorney and dedicated attorney you can trust. Houston in the city of Houston. Our firm is located in Houston Texas. The possessive and controlling behaviors will gradually show themselves as your relationship grows. Hire Brandon Cammack today if you’re fighting a case and need to speak to a professional domestic violence lawyer today. Cammack Law Firm has years of experience as Houston’s best domestic violence lawyers. There are also different forms of domestic violence that you should keep an eye out for. Here are some of the signs you should keep an eye out for:
- If your partner constantly blames you for their own wrong doings
- Belittles you and tells you that you are never able to do anything right
- Constantly discourages you and never wants to see you happy
- Does not allow you to spend your own money and controls how the household finances are spent
- Treats you in a very aggressive manner
- Threatens to injure or harm you in any certain way
- Pressures or forces you to have sex with them even if you don’t want to
Domestic Violence Attorney Summary
If you’re in need of a lawyer to represent you with your violence case call Cammack Law Firm domestic violence attorney today. We have the highest-rated Houston attorney in town. Feel free to give us a call for a free lawyer case evaluation. When you call in, your case will be handled by an experienced attorney that knows the ins and outs of your case in Houston and Harris County.
Here's Why We're One Of The Highest Rated Firms
Read below to see why you should hire an attorney from Cammack Law Firm to assist you with your case. We offer free case evaluations throughout Harris County so please, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re available to speak 7 days a week and offer free, on-obligation case evaluaitons.
We communicate with our clients
Going the extra mile for your case is all we know. First we identify every important point and aspect of your case before formulating a plan to help you with the best attorney representation possible.